Extra Curricular Clubs & Activities
The computer club is composed of 8th graders that have an interest in computers and general technology. They learn how to fix small computer problems, develop webpages, and take computers apart and put them back together. They also learn about other forms of technology and how they work, like DVD players, cell phones, VCR’s, and more. Mr. Voss runs this club.
The photo club is composed of 8th graders. They learn how cameras work and how to take professional-looking pictures. They use both digital and 35mm cameras, and take many of the activity pictures for the school webpage, the newspaper, and the yearbook. Mr. Voss directs and supervises.
The Shepherd’s Staff is the school newspaper, which is published a minimum of once each year. The newspaper is written, edited, and published by the 8th grade Honor Society members under the supervision of Mrs. Hasamear. This paper shall meet the following requirements:
- The Shepherd’s Staff will provide honor students with the opportunity to use their accelerated writing skills.
- The Shepherd’s Staff will provide a journalism experience though the reporting, writing, editing, and publishing.
- The Shepherd’s Staff will promote Good Shepherd Lutheran School through articles, which will report the quality Christian activities offered.
The Shepherd’s Staff is distributed to every student, from 3’s preschool through 8th grade.
The school literary magazine is published three times per school year. The objectives of the magazine are:
- To encourage children to improve their creative writing skills.
- To show the natural growth and progression of writing skills from kindergarten through 8th grade.
- To publish a writing of every student in Kindergarten through 8th grade at least once per year.
Mrs. Robinson is the Kaleidoscope coordinator.
Our yearbook is called The Shepherd’s Fold. It is compiled by Mrs. Krause and Mrs. Batty with help from a group of volunteer students. The entire student body votes each year on the cover of the Shepherd’s Fold.