Extra Curricular Clubs & Activities
Technology club is open to students in grades 7 and 8. Students learn basic troubleshooting and repair of technology. They assist the technology coordinator with troubleshooting and repair in the classrooms. There may also be times that they learn webpage design, computer networking, chromebook and iPad repair and assisting teachers with technology questions. Technology club will meet once a month and students will assist as needed with technology.Mrs. Maske runs this club.
Shepherd’s Staff – Elective Grades 7-8
The Shepherd’s Staff is the school newspaper, which is published a minimum of once each year. The newspaper is written, edited, and published by the 7th/8th grade Elective Classes under the supervision of Mrs. Hasamear. This paper shall meet the following requirements:
- The Shepherd’s Staff will provide 7th / 8th grade students with the opportunity to use their accelerated writing skills.
- The Shepherd’s Staff will provide a journalism experience though the reporting, writing, editing, and publishing.
- The Shepherd’s Staff will promote Good Shepherd Lutheran School through articles, which will report the quality Christian activities offered.
The Shepherd’s Staff is distributed to every student, from 3’s preschool through 8th grade.
The school literary magazine is published three times per school year. The objectives of the magazine are:
- To encourage children to improve their creative writing skills.
- To show the natural growth and progression of writing skills from kindergarten through 8th grade.
- To publish a writing of every student in Kindergarten through 8th grade at least once per year.
Mrs. Robinson is the Kaleidoscope coordinator.
Our yearbook is called The Shepherd’s Fold. It is compiled by Mrs. Krause and Mrs. Batty with help from a group of volunteer students. The entire student body votes each year on the cover of the Shepherd’s Fold.