A COVENANT FOR CHRISTIAN EDUCATION
A COVENANT is a commitment made to remind people of the promises God has made to us. Because of what God has done for us through Christ we will want to respond to His love and receive the blessings He has in store for His people. As a member of the Good Shepherd School Family and a PARTNER in the Christian education of children:
I will show RESPECT for God and His Word by (Deuteronomy 11:18-21)
Deuteronomy 11:18-21; Colossians 3:16-17; Exodus 20:3-8
- Faithfully attending worship and Bible study.
- Learning, memorizing, and obeying the Word of God as it directs our daily living.
- Actively supporting the church and school with God given treasures and sacrificial offerings.
I will show RESPECT for those in authority by (Ephesians 6:1-8)
Hebrews 13:17; 1 Timothy 2:1-4; Titus 3:1-2; Ephesians 6:1-8
- Supporting the philosophy and policies of the school.
- Cooperating with the teachers, principal, and Day School Ministry in matters of discipline in a willing and prompt manner.
I will show RESPECT for my classmates and other people by (Colossians 3:12-17)
Philippians 2:3-5; Romans 12:10-11; Luke 6:27-36; Colossians 3:12-17
- Praying for and with the children, parents, and teachers.
- Instructing my child to lead a God-pleasing life by showing love and forgiveness toward others.
I will show RESPECT for my body and my God-given talents by (I Corinthians 3:16-17)
1 Corinthians 6:19-20; Romans 12:5; 1 Peter 4:10; 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
- Modeling Christian values by monitoring T.V., music, clothes, food, language, and activities for the well being of my child.
- Providing support and commitment to school and extracurricular activities with my presence and serving where needed.
I will show RESPECT for the learning process and the classroom environment by (Proverbs 16:16)
James 3:17; James 1:19; 1 Thessalonians 5:12-14; Proverbs 16:16
- Providing a Christian atmosphere and environment for learning and homework.
- Assuming responsibility for my child’s completion of homework.
- Providing assistance for spiritual, physical, social, emotional, and academic growth of my child – enabling children to develop their God-given abilities to their potential.
I will show RESPECT for my school and personal property and the property of others by (Philippians 2:4)
Exodus 20:15-17; Leviticus 6:2-5; Acts 4:32; Philippians 2:4
- Keeping the school a safe, nurturing Christian learning environment.
- Care for the supplies and equipment used inside and outside the facility.