Math Counts Team
The Math Counts Team is a group of Jr. High students that enjoy doing math. To be a member of the Team, you must have good grades and good study habits in Algebra. You must also be a team worker and be excited to work on challenging math problems.
Team members spend one Saturday in February at SIUE doing Math contests as teams and as individuals. There are six members on the Math Counts Team.
- Express as a decimal: 0.1125 * 600
- Find the value of x for which the following is true: (x/8) = (9/24)
- The product of two positive integers is 225 and their quotient is 9. What is the larger integer?
- When 39,500 is divided by an integer n, the quotient is 123 and the remainder is 17. Find n.
- A book is made by stacking ten sheets of paper, then folding the stack down the center. The sheets are stapled along the fold, and the pages are then numbered from 1 to 40. What is the sum of the other three numbers on the piece of paper that contain the number 15?